Purpose & Objectives
The purpose of the Downtown Lexington Traffic Movement and Revitalization Study was to provide a structured, systematic process for evaluating the conversion of one-way streets to two-way and to provide information to decision makers regarding the impacts and mitigation of these conversions.
Objectives of the Downtown Lexington Traffic Movement and Revitalization Study were:
- Assess the ability of the downtown street system to accommodate current and future traffic conditions with all streets converted to two-way
- Determine if conversion can reduce driver confusion, increase accessibility of businesses, and moderate vehicle speeds for improved safety
- Determine negative impacts and problem spots and propose practical solutions
- Engage public participation
- Provide information to decision makers