Thank you for your comments on the digital Network Map and the Executive Summary that were released in late November and early December. We appreciate your feedback. We have revised the Bicycle & Pedestrian Network and Priority Projects based on your suggestions.
You can now view the full Draft Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan and submit additional comments from December 14 , 2017 through January 12, 2018. Please submit to Scott Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan).
Printed copies of the plan are also available for review from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at:
- Lexington Area MPO Offices, 101 E. Vine St, Room 735, Lexington, KY 40507
- Lexington Public Library Beaumont, 3080 Fieldstone Way, Lexington, KY 40513
- Northside Library, 1733 Russell Cave Rd. Lexington, KY 40505
- Jessamine County Courthouse, Judge West’s office, 101 N. Main St, Nicholasville, KY 40356.
- Jessamine County Public Library, 600 S. Main St, Nicholasville, KY 40356 during regular library hours.
The goal of the Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan update is to improve safety and accessibility in Fayette and Jessamine Counties for people of all ages and skill levels. The plan will contain maps and recommendations for bikeways, sidewalks, crosswalks, greenway trails, and related policies, programs, and infrastructure.
The Lexington Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), in conjunction with the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (LFUCG) and the Jessamine County Fiscal Court, has hired Alta Planning + Design, a national bicycle and planning firm, to prepare the 2017 update of the Lexington Area MPO Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.