STEP 1: Communicating with Your Co-workers
- Stake your claim as Company Champion and encourage co-workers to “join the movement” by taking more active ways to work in October. (All we ask is that they try – one bike or walk, bus or shared ride is better than none!).
- Make sure there is some incentive, event tickets for weekly winners, gift certificates or cash prize for those who track the most active commutes. Reward the most motivated or do a drawing from all those who participate.
- Share the WKYT news clip or a quick 30 second video ad provided.
- Send the positive effects of active commuting on the mind (“Two darn good reasons to walk/bike” see below).
- Involve management in the movement. Ask them to communicate to the workforce to step it up in October – bike, walk, buddy up and ride with a co-worker or hop a bus.
- Communicate often in late September and October – share weekly progress – weekly winners – share social posts with your workforce.
- Send email reminders on tagging posts and encouraging co-workers. @LexAreaMPO
- Reward often and announce winners.
Ideas & Incentives
- Schedule an October Bike to Work Day with the CEO.
- Reward the most motivated.
- Give Weekly prizes to the most active and announce them to staff – share on social media.
- Announce a Walk with the Boss Day.
- Walk to lunch with co-workers and brainstorm more ideas.
- Commit to gear back up during May Bike Month (and make sure you let us know).
- Do a prize drawing from all those who sign the pledge.
- Reward the most active employee on social media – the one who posts the most walks, bike rides etc.
- Give weekly prizes for the most active.
- Give a grand prize to the employee who documents the most active commutes in October.
Reserve a Rally
MPO staff will help you pump up co-workers at a lunch and learn.
We’ll map out the best bike routes to your workplace, Lextran will share the real-time bus tracker app myStop, and how to bike and bus (limited lunch-and-learns are available please contact Kenzie Gleason 859.258-3605 at MPO to find out).
How To Share
Sharing the Pledge and the Movement on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram)
One of the very best ways to show your support and your participation is to share your active commute on social media. Be sure to tag all your posts @LexAreaMPO. Here’s a few ideas!
Handouts, Posters & Video
Art & Logos
FREE TO USE – Click to download what you need.
Submit Your Results
Click here to submit the detail of your company’s active commuting. Due by November 5th!